Saturday 3 March 2018

SCT Logistics "PQMY" loads

SCT Logistics have always had some interesting loads compared to the common vans they use on their services such as the ABSY, PBGY, etc. I had come across some interesting loads the PQMY wagons had carried that I thought was worth modelling.

Photo courtesy of Flick.

PQMY with a pipe load. What I had done to the Auscision Models RMX was fitted stanchions made out of styrene to the container pins as like the prototype. I then air brushed the wagon in a dirty brown colour to give it that faded well worn look. For the pipe load I used large drinking straws I purchased off eBay for a pack of 50 roughly costing $4 delivered to your door. Each straw was cut to the correct length then glued together finished off with a matt black coat of paint. The straps was easy as I used my previous method (see other blog post) of masking tape lines as straps.





Photo courtesy of "Wagonfreak" blogspot.

 PQMY with a 40ft trailer supported by a pile of Chep pallets. This was my all time favourite load as it was so simple load to do. Pallets I used were by Ratio Plastic Models with the trailer I found in my spare parts box.






A few other loads I have captured off MP9/PM9 services out at Pimba back in 2013/2014 that I thought would be worth modelling one day..



No comments:

Post a Comment