Thursday 22 February 2018

How it all began

Modelling trains started in the early 2000's for me when I first purchased my own Austrains C class from Toms Hobbies for a reasonable price of $100 that I had saved up (bear in mind I was only 14 years old at the time). This would be the start of a project that I eventually detail with new air hoses, Ian Lindsay Models C class air con, antenna disc, rear fan unit and brass air hoses.

Over the years I learnt a lot on modelling varying from air brushing, decaling, kit building and now scratch building.  At the time I had no experience at all, so everything was self taught by trial and error, as well as asking fellow modellers on Railpage forums (yes that's right we all were on Railpage before FaceBook popped up).

So why have I created this blogspot? I could of used Facebook and made my own page and added projects I am currently tackling or given ideas or tips I have come across. How ever Facebook has become place where there are too many "keyboard warriors" or much more trolls that think they know it all. I personally want to pass on what I have learnt and small tricks I have picked up that hopefully other modellers. If you can learn one new thing, I mean one thing out of this blog that helps you out. I have achieved what I have set out then. 

I will also be showing prototype photos and some ideas that other modellers may want to give a go on building one off models that are not readily available and will fit the era or train your particularly modelling. Also stayed tuned as will be doing free give away to people that have been reading this blog!










No comments:

Post a Comment